Hello and happy Tuesday! I’m super excited about today’s recipe, so please pardon my haste in getting right down to business. And by business, I mean cookies, of course.
Friends, allow me to introduce you to my newest obsession – soft batch chocolate M&M cookies! They are:
- oozing with chocolate
- ready in less than 30 minutes
To make these cookies you’re going to need semi-sweet chocolate chips, butter, flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, granulated sugar, light brown sugar, 2 large eggs, whole milk, vanilla extract, milk chocolate M&M baking bits, and milk chocolate chips. I typically buy the M&M baking bits from Target or my local grocery store, but if you can’t find them, regular sized M&Ms will work just fine. I just prefer them look and taste of the mini ones.
A couple of things to keep in mind:
- The batter will need to be scooped, not rolled. It will be much thinner than typical cookie dough, but don’t be alarmed by this! To make this step as easy as possible, I like to use a lightly greased 1/4 cup measuring spoon to scoop up the cookie dough.
- Make sure you leave a good inch in between each mound of cookie dough – they spread!
- Do not skip the salt and vanilla! These cookies are very chocolate heavy; the salt and vanilla help balance everything out.
- When it comes time to bake your cookies, you’re going to preheat your oven to 325 degrees (F), BUT once you pop the cookies in the oven, you’re going to immediately turn the temperature down to 300 degrees (F)! This low baking temperature gives the cookies a shiny, almost brownie like exterior, and an ultra gooey fudge interior.
- These cookies must – I repeat – MUST cool completely on the tray. I usually leave the room for a good 20 minutes before I even think about sneaking one off the tray.
Don’t they just look fabulous?
Dare you to try eating only one. #impossible
If you try this recipe, let me know what you think! Leave a comment below, and don’t forget to snap a pic and tag it #bakerbynature on instagram! Seeing your creations makes my day.
Original article and pictures take http://bakerbynature.com/soft-batch-chocolate-mm-cookies/ site