четверг, 9 июня 2016 г.

Photo (Death by Elocution)

Photo (Death by Elocution)
Photo (Death by Elocution)

Like many, I feel so frustrated, saddened, exhausted from yesterday’s election outcome. I’m trying to grasp the reality that the greatest nation in the world, which I proudly call home, put into the greatest office a xenophobic, misogynistic, homophobic, racist, vulgar, predatorial, simple-minded man. *sigh* I was in a deli on Election Day, and I was standing on line to pay for my heroes, and there was an older white gentleman in front of me paying for his items and he was wearing a bright red cap that read “Make America Great Again.” The older white woman at the register saw his hat and lit up, she pointed at it and exclaimed, “Oh well, isn’t that grea-” She quickly noticed me standing next on line and quickly changed her statement to, “I mean, I’m undecided, I just can’t decide who to go with…..” as she awkwardly gave the man his change avoiding any eye contact with me. And I thought…wow. She was so aware of the fact that being a Trump supporter was synonymous with being a racist/xenophobe/wrong that she had to change her statement mid word after noticing a person of color was in earshot…I mean, think about that! You may say that supporting Trump doesn’t make you a racist/sexist/xenophobe, but you can’t cherry-pick what you support about Trump. If you accept him and his skewed thinking, you accept it all and you become a part of the regressive and dangerous nature of his rhetoric. Being born and raised and educated in NY, just showed me that I have been living in a bubble. It made me almost believe the rest of the country would also want this nation to move towards a more positive, free, progressive future. My bubble was heart-breakingly obliterated… I have no idea what is going to happen next. I worry for my fellow Americans - for the immigrant families nervously awaiting their futures, for people of Muslim faith who have the risk of hate crimes looming over them, for women who have fought for and gained rights which now face imminent reversal, for thousands of people wondering if their healthcare will vanish, for the state of our homeland security…But I am not leaving for Canada or Australia or Mars, I’m staying. This is my country, I’m going make sure I’m a part of the solution. God pour your grace, mercy, love, compassion, empathy, generosity, humility, strength, truth, and freedom into this nation and to your people. Use us to help those in need domestically and abroad. Use us as a symbol of hope and strength and a reminder of your goodness. We need you more than ever. May your will be done. Amen.


Original article and pictures take https://www.bloglovin.com/blogs/death-by-elocution-10679629/photo-4665307911 site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий