пятница, 5 августа 2016 г.

Swingy Skirt Styled 2 Ways + Recent Reviews (Extra Petite)

Swingy Skirt Styled 2 Ways + Recent Reviews (Extra Petite)
Swingy Skirt Styled 2 Ways + Recent Reviews (Extra Petite)

Modcloth just this sway skirt xxs, Banana Republic top xxsp (updated version) Manolo Blahnik BB pumps sz 35
As my love continues for longer hemlines, I wanted to share this swingy mid-length skirt and styling ideas for 2 very different looks! I picked this skirt up a while back and it also comes in multiple other colors including a classic navy. Sizing goes from xxs (measuring 22" around the waist stretching up to 24") to 4X, has a side-zipper entry and is fully lined with pockets(!). It's actually a touch longer than I'd ideally like...I love how Modcloth skirts tend to fit well at the waist, but wish they'd make the hems just a little shorter. For a work-appropriate look, I like this paired with a striped button-down tucked in and pointed pumps. I was in Banana recently and noticed an updated version of my beloved shirt in the same, slim Dillon fit. The new shirt is in a silkier-feeling material instead of cotton, which allows the blouse to drape nicely.

Topshop bralette top sz US 2 (50% off!), Steve Madden heels sz 5.5 (runs narrow)
For a nighttime look, try pairing a flared skirt with a strappy tank and minimalistic sandals. A blousy silk camisole tucked in would be an elegant look, but I also liked it showing a sliver of skin paired with my cropped crochet bralette top (runs small; now on sale for half off!).

Lush drape top xs, J.Brand jeans sz 24, Sole Society heels c/o sz 5.5, DIY clutch
I love the idea of these double draped tops so was excited to see this new arrival in numerous colors. Unfortunately, it's too long for someone my height (5 feet), but I know there are several taller ladies who still read these reviews! The shirt is much cuter if it hits higher, closer to the waist like in the stock photo. Since it hits me at my lower hips, I felt it was cutting into my visual leg line.

Modcloth Vino de Janeiro crochet dress sz S, Steve Madden sandals 5.5
I ordered this little black dress to try on for an event recently - although it didn't work out for me in terms of fit, the design is unique and gorgeous so I wanted to do a quick review. The top layer is crochet lace which I've been loving lately, as the feel is a little softer and more retro-inspired. Close-up and in-person, there's a lot of intricate details on this number. The mix & match juxtaposition of it all reminds me of the popular Self Portrait pieces.

Most of the reviews says this dress runs small, but the description notes the bust runs big which I definitely found to be true. I thought the chest area was disproportionately roomy (see bottom left picture) for the rest of the dress, but it might work without alterations on someone who is bustier. On someone my size, the dress in size S would need to be slimmed throughout starting at the bust, and the straps would need to be shortened an inch or two.

And that's all for today! We are headed off to the West Coast later this week...so excited to have yummy poke bowls and good tacos again : )


Original article and pictures take https://www.bloglovin.com/blog/post/1917029/5108222539 site


Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий